Someone stole the cardboard cutout of the First Dates maitre d’ from The Edge

#FindFred

Drama has been rippling through Endcliffe since yesterday afternoon as a 7ft cardboard cutout of Fred Sirieix, the oh so suave maitre d’ on First Dates, was stolen from the Edge Cafe. The Edge, and Inox, were offering a hefty reward for the return of the beloved cutout.

The cutout was put up in the Edge to promote RAG’s charity First Dates event coming to Inox dine on the 28th.

The cutout was stolen around 3pm yesterday afternoon but the team didn’t realise until this morning. After discovery that the cutout had been kidnapped, The Edge started a twitter campaign with the hashtag #FindFred to track down the cutout.

20 minutes after their tweets, an anonymous tip was sent in to the offices, with evidence of Fred’s kidnappers boasting about their success, with Fred being the focal point of their pre-drinks. With this tip off was information of the thieves whereabouts.

Their spiteful snapchats were just a kick in the teeth for the despairing team, wondering if they’d ever see their beloved cardboard bestie again.

A crack team from the Edge’s offices marched round to their flat, in Stevenson, only to find themselves at a dead end, with no cutout to be seen.

Dishevelled and in despair the team returned to the offices hopeless that they’d ever find Fred or the good-for-nothing thieves who took him. Twitter campaigns continued.

But in a dramatic turn of events at 3:15 the cutout reappeared. The thieves said: “He magically appeared in their flat at 3am when the fire alarm went off” – we’re not convinced either.

What an emotional rollercoaster. Let’s hope they’ve hired security guards to protect the beloved cardboard cutout from any further trouble.

If you fancy meeting the real life Fred, or fancy a blind date at Inox Dine, then sign up here before 14th February.