Men jailed after being caught with coke in DQ

It prompted a search of their flat

Two men who supplied Class A drugs in Sheffield’s clubs and pubs have been jailed for two and a half years each. 

Zak Grainger and Jack Carrington, 22, used their flat on West Street as a base for the operation, selling substances including cocaine, MDMA, ecstasy and cannabis to both friends and strangers.

The operation was discovered by police after Carrington was caught with cocaine in DQ, prompting a search of their flat and the discovery of even more drugs.

The pair were jailed for 30 months each after admitting to several drugs charges at Sheffield Crown Court.

Carrington and Grainger were jailed for 30 months each

Both men used the money they made to fund their own drug taking.

Sentencing, Judge Sarah Wright said: “Over a period of about a year, ending with your arrests in February, you supplied cocaine, ecstasy and cannabis in the nightclubs and pubs of Sheffield.

“It is clear you were supplying both to people you knew and people you didn’t know – largely on the nightclub scene. You were selling for profit and bought in ounces and sold in grams.

“When you were arrested your flat in the city centre was searched and illicit drugs were found there. Your phones were seized and upon the phones was the evidence of your dealing.”

Despite the fact both men came had no previous convictions, Judge Wright said they had “no excuse for offending in this way.”

She added: “Drugs are a blight on society, they have far-reaching and damaging effects.

“Drug dealing cannot be condoned under any circumstances whatsoever.”