The uni is turning the old Henderson’s Relish building into a pub

We’ll drink to that

University big dogs and the legendary local relish Henderson’s are teaming up to give us a new campus pub.

After a dodgy start to the Diamond opening,  the University has finally turned their attention to something useful and unveiled redevelopment plans for the factory building on Leavygreave Road.

Churning out our fave spicy condiment for more than a 100 years, the site was purchased back in the summer and is now set for a contemporary makeover to satisfy our drinking needs.

So kitsch

In spitting distance from the IC , we’ll soon be able to have the ideal essay breaks at the new boozer and enjoy a welcomed social spot mixing both the old and the new of the Steel City.

It has also been revealed that the University plans to hold a design competition for the best idea to maximise the full potential of the iconic location.

Speaking of the plans, Director of Estates Keith Lilley said: “We know how much the old Henderson’s building means to the people of Sheffield.

“We’re delighted to have the chance to develop the building into something which our staff, students and the local community can really enjoy.”

Think of the selfies

Pamela Freeman, Managing Director of Henderson’s was also over the moon that the spirit of the brand could be kept alive.

She added: “This is a wonderful tribute to the importance of the Henderson’s brand to the city and we can’t wait to see the results of the design competition.

“Now people will be able to come inside the Henderson’s factory. I can’t wait to come to the opening party.”

Relish and wine enthusiast Laura Bell said: “This is everything I need and more.”