Reflex will now stay open until 4.30am

What’s Reflex?

Holly Street bar Reflex has had permission to extended its weekend opening hours until 4.30am.

Sheffield’s Council granted the application for Reflex and Flares, a bar offering eighties and nineties themed nights, to stay open until 4.30am on Fridays and Saturdays.

The venue’s former licence meant it could sell alcohol until 3am and close at 3.30am.

The decision has been described as a “reasonable compromise” following the applicants original request for the bar to stay open later every night of the week.

The bar’s solicitor Clare Eames has described her clients as being “reasonable operators” who are “heavily invested the community”.

Many locals would appear to disagree, with nearby residents expressing concern over the later opening hours.

One resident claimed they were already losing sleep because of the noise from the bar, and had seen people move on from the venue and “wee or vomit wherever they can.”

Despite anger from nearby locals, many of us appear to remain apathetic to the news.

A second year studying English, Katie, said: “I didn’t even know this place existed, so the news doesn’t really bother me or effect me. I’ll still probably never go there.”

Laura Bell, also an English second year added: “If anything it’s us that should be complaining. No one under the age of 40 goes there anyway.”

True