Sheffield lands a spot in the top 15 unis in the UK

Basically, we’re all really clever

Sheffield is one of the top 15 unis in the UK, and 100 in the world, according to The Times World University Rankings.

We have skyrocketed a massive 24 places in this year’s league table from our last position of 121st.

Not only have we upped our game internationally, but we are now the 15th best uni in the UK, pipping several other Russell Groups to the post.

Competitors such as Nottingham, York, Leeds, Sussex and Birmingham were left lagging well and truly behind us, not even finding themselves in the top 100.

So majestic

The prestigious Times world league table ranks unis from 70 different countries recognising 800 universities in total worldwide.

The ranking only acknowledges a mere four per cent of the world’s brightest and best higher education facilities – with a uni in 97th place, we should all be queuing for the quad vads and celebrating how bloody great we are.

Speaking of our dramatic climb in this year’s league table, Bio-Med finalist Sophie Hunt said: “I’m really happy that Sheffield has done so well this year. It’s without a doubt the best city in the world, so to come in the top 100 academically just makes me love it even more!”

Unsurprisingly, Hallam didn’t even make the cut, just like in the QS World University Rankings. Sorry, better luck next year.