Dick and Dom and The Vengaboys to star at Poptarts Weekender

Boom boom boom

The Union have booked both Dick and Dom and The Vengaboys for Pop Tarts 21st Birthday. 

They’re putting on a full weekend of celebrations, with the Vengabus arriving to Foundry on Friday 9th October, and a meet and greet with Dick and Dom the day after.

With classics like “We’re going to Ibiza” and “Boom boom boom”, the Dutch Eurodance group have almost singlehandedly provided the Pop Tarts soundtrack since the nineties.

The Vengabus is coming

For CBBC fans, the Dick and Dom meet and greet will be taking place in Bar One, followed by another night of non stop retro in Foundry.

It won’t be the first time the comedy duo have graced the Steel City. Dick is from Sheffield originally, and there’s a sizeable framed picture of the pair in Vittles on Broomhill.

No longer in a bungalow

There’ll also be a quiz on the Sunday with the opportunity to win free Pop Tarts entry for a year, and “games, singalongs and a special BBQ” in the Bar One garden.

Calum Paver, an English third year, said: “Wow, the Union are really pulling out all the stops aren’t they? Honestly, just try and hold me back that weekend.”

Tickets are £10, include entry to all 3 events and are available online and from the SU Box Office.