Do you want to help run The Tab Sheffield next year? This is how

It’s the best thing you’ll do at uni

Ever wanted to plough your way through a 1kg burrito challenge, go for pints with politicians or do hot yoga with Dan Bean?

Maybe you want to break the biggest news stories on campus, have your work read by three million people a month and get your name in national papers?

These are all things we’ve done this year, and you can do that too.

You’re allowed behind the counter and everything

Aside from being the only media outlet on campus worth reading, we also have a lot of fun whilst we’re doing it. If you’ve got an eye for a story, great chat and a penchant for West Street Live, we want you to join us.

You don’t need to have lots of experience, we can give you that. We can also offer you journalism training, an outstanding CV addition, and free chips at the Friery.

As well as new writers, we are also recruiting for several editorial positions.

Just one of our top socials

Chloe Maycock, this years deputy editor said: “It’s easily the best thing i’ve done at uni.

“It’s got me into the most random and hilarious situations, given me the worst hangovers, and also helped me secure a grad job in the Civil Service.”

How to apply

We are recruiting for the following positions:

• Deputy editor
  • Features editor
  • Fashion editor
  • Head of marketing (involves promoting the brand round campus, recruiting new writers and organising socials)

If you want to write for us, email [email protected] and we’ll get you along to our next meeting.

If it’s an editorial position you’re after, email [email protected] your CV, three ideas for articles you think people in Sheffield will want to read (one news idea, one feature, one argument piece) and tell us why you’d make a good editor. Don’t forget to leave your phone number and we’ll be in touch.

Applications close on the 4th June.