Campus style: Back to lectures

‘My style is inspired by my soul….black’

It’s back to early starts, lectures and seeking refuge at John’s Van, and for the majority of us that’s struggle enough without having to put together a chic outfit too.

So credit where it’s due to the BDOCs (Best Dressed On Campus), who still manage to look great.

Take note people, this lot know how it’s done.

Andy Robertson, 2nd year Business Management

Spotted outside of the SU, Andy nails the indie-chic look with his chunky coat, brogue boots and tartan scarf. The Burbery-esque scarf is the cherry on top of this well put together outfit, adding a welcome bit of pattern to the ensemble.

Adam Levick, English fresher

Seen sauntering through the hallowed grounds of Endcliffe village, Adam’s effortless style got our attention. He’s wearing a patterned vintage shirt borrowed from his flatmate,a Levi’s jacket, River Island jeans, and a Primark bag. Some consider double denim a risky move, but Adam works it.

Emily Baker, 2nd year

Emily’s coat is twinned with simplistic monochrome clothing, the grid print tailored shorts make for a very slick look.

Ruth Bailie, Politics fresher and George Ionita, 2nd year Software Engineer

These two were caught shortly after they finished busking. The pair have very different, yet equally quirky outfits – Ruth rocks an eccentric and pattern filled getup, whilst George keeps it incredibly simple.

George’s black overcoat is timeless and minimalist. He adds touches of colour to his outfit through brown shoes and his hat. Ruth’s coat is from a vintage shop in Madrid.

Derren Smith, Sociology fresher

“My style is inspired by my soul… Black”

Derren’s predominantly black outfit is set off with with a chequered blue and orange shirt adding a pop of colour. She utilises classic, plain pieces to give her a polished look. The clean cut, duster coat is very on trend, and is a staple piece in her wardrobe – hers is from New Look.

Polly Platt, History 3rd year and Florence Hayden, Bioengineering

You have to be bold to rock a pair of dungarees and a faux fur Cossack hat, but Florence definitely pulls this off.

Polly frequents charity shops in search of new pieces for her wardrobe – she nabbed her fabulous coat from one. The coat looks great with her knee high boots and simplistic black outfit underneath.

Alex Collier, visiting on a Philosophy open day

Alex combines a few trends that are very popular at the moment – ripped jeans, a roll neck jumper and a sheepskin style coat. She adds pattern to the outfit through her snuggly scarf and a pop of colour with her adorable baby blue bag.