Campus style: This week’s best dressed

Did you make the cut?

Bow down to their sartorial superiority; this week’s BDOCs (Best Dressed On Campus) have been announced.

We stalked high and low (not that incline is really a choice in Sheffield) through the Union, the I.C., Jessop West and Mappin to find this week’s most stylish students.

Jana, Mechanical Engineering

Jana’s vintage cape is from Cow

Jana is from Germany, and is only studying in Sheffield for a year, but she’s found a love for vintage shops in Sheffield – this cape is from Cow on West street.

Laurie, second year English Language and Linguistics

Laurie, 2nd year English student

Laurie mostly shops at Zara “because of its classic pieces”, H and M “for quick fixes” and charity shops for bargains; “British Heart Foundation always pulls it out the bag”. She says she doesn’t really have a style icon as such, but she finds inspiration through Instagram.

Isabel, first year International Business Management

Statement skirt paired with basic t shirt

Isabel’s 60’s style mini skirt is new in at Topshop, the plain top and tights allow the piece to really speak for itself.

Jess, third year Chemical Engineering

£10 cape

Jess shops in vintage shops, Ebay and Topshop. Her red velvet kimono is this week’s bargain of the week – it was £75 reduced to £10 from ASOS.

Chikka, fourth year French and Spanish student

Her block colour outfit places the emphasis on the hair

Chikka shops in Topshop, New Look, and sometimes “Primarni”. What we loved most about Chikkas style was her hair- on her hairstyle influence, she said “I walked into my hairdresser’s and said surprise me, just don’t make me bald!”

Suwi, Masters in Global Marketing Management

Pastel colours are perfect for winter

Suwi posed for us in this adorable coat from New Look, and says she loves to shop in Meadowhall.

Connor, second year French and Economics

Connor shops at ASOS, and independent shops in Sheffield such as The Alternative Store, Long, and Deep. His style inspiration is the Calvin Klein model Stephen James.

Yazan, 2nd year Aerospace Engineering

Classic knitwear from Yazan

Yazan, 2nd year Aerospace Engineering. He is from Dubai, and tells us that he usually shops there, in places like H and M, Topshop and Zara. His style inspiration is David Beckham.