£5 bet scooped Hallam heptathlete £50,000 last night

What have you done today?

Hallam student and Team GB Hepthathlete Karla Drew woke up a monumental £50,354 richer this morning after she won a £5 accumulator.

Unbelievably, following a 2-1 win for Uruguay and Panamas draw to Canada, the ambitious 10 fold Bet Victor accumulator actually came in for the young Team GB Heptathlete Karla, who trains with Sheffield golden girl Jessica Ennis.

Fortunately for Karla, Germany netted a 90th minute winner against Spain.

With Canada not having a single shot on goal, they held on for the draw after an 80th minute red card for Panama, sealing the massive win for the Hallam girl.

Karla said: “This is a life-changing win for me. Being an MSC student, I’m not entitled to any Student Loan. I want to continue my studies and do a PhD in Sports Psychology and this will enable me to realise my dream.

“I was going to go to sleep before the final results came in but I was just too excited so I carried on refreshing the scores in bed.

“I only started to really believe I would do it with about 10 minutes to go of the Panama vs Canada game. I still can’t believe I have won.”

Drew, originally from Exeter, is clearly well versed in the art of the accumulator, as last March she tweeted the results of yet another betting success.

The Sports and Exercise Psychology student took to Twitter late yesterday evening to disclose details of the accumulator.

The tweet, which has since had nearly 700 retweets, revealed the Uruguay and Panama matches she was relying on for the massive 10,000/1 return.

The lucky student has become somewhat of an overnight icon, with hundreds of Twitter mentions begging for tips, friendship, and drinks. She even received a congratulatory message from Olympian Jack Green.

Karla however has kept pretty quiet, taking to social media only to say: “How did this happen lol” and a modest giggling monkey emoji.

A Bet Victor spokesperson said: “Karla obviously knew her football. She said had she known the side Uruguay had put out she wouldn’t have bet on them.”

In the official statement, Bet Victor said: “Few football fans will remember the goalless draw between Panama and Canada with quite the same affection as this lucky Sheffield student.”