Where are you going this Halloween?

Where to go and where you wouldn’t be seen dead

Long gone are the days of trick or treating, for most of us Halloween now involves finding the best venue, the cheapest drinks and a generic costume fashioned from one of Primark’s finest T-shirts.

Here’s a round up of what’s going on.

Student’s Union

Spread across five different rooms throughout the SU, The Halloween Freaks Festival sounds promising with ‘The Silent ‘Slaughter’ Headphone Party’ and ‘Horror Acts’ among other attractions.

The event claims to be a combination of the most popular union nights including the beloved Pop Tarts, the brand new EyUp night and Space, which has returned for ‘one last night’. Thank God.

Surprisingly, tickets have already sold out, but given the anti-climax of the combined club nights at the Summer Social in June- you probably won’t miss out on a lot.

Unimpressed

Plug

Plug is hosting two events this year; ‘Propaganda – Halloween Spooktacular’ as well as joining forces with Code, hosting ‘Plug Presents ‘Are You Dead Famous?’ across the road.

Propaganda promises ‘amazing lighting, sound and spooky décor’ which along with very cheap drinks, free sweets and only £4 entry sounds like a pretty decent night.

As for Code, the fact they aren’t even hosting their own night in their own club probably says everything you need to know.

Loves it

Leadmill

‘Gaga: The Leadmill Bloodbath’ sounds a little too gory, but with tonnes of free stuff including candyfloss, popcorn and legendary Leadmill lollipops’ you’ll probably go home with more than you would do trick or treatin’ as a kid.

With entry as cheap as £2, very cheap drinks and a mix of music playing, what’s not to love?

Uni vs Hallam Bar Crawl

Sheffield Parties are hosting yet another Uni vs Hallam Bar Crawl; starting at Bloo 88, heading to Lava Lounge, Players, Soyo and ending at Replica.

With ‘freaky’ live actors, ‘twisted’ performances and a notoriously shit reputation, nothing stands out apart from the 50 quid cash prize for the best costume.

Spot the odd one out

Planet Zogg Halloween Ball

The Night Kitchen are hosting a multi-roomed Halloween ‘Monster Mash’. It’s an all night party with ‘scary head warping hip shaking techno sounds, spooky halloween UV decor venue transformation and amazing ghouilish performers’.

It sold out pretty quickly, but if you’ve got already got tickets you can expect to enjoy live DJ’s, no lectures the next day and the promise of glitter cookies.

Creepy