The best of the bags on campus

Looking for some bagspiration?

We looked around campus to see how students lug about all that ‘stuff’ we need for being studious.

Notepads, books and of course your trusty lunchbox.

We searched for style and practicality, as no one wants backache walking down to Mappin .

Rosalinda Cheug, third year Psychology

Rosalind wears a black Herschel backpack that can go with any outfit.

The tardis like bag has plenty of space to hold everything from her books to her laptop.

Adam Holmgern, third year Economics

Adam ties his preppy American outfit together with a simple yet stylish grey backpack.

The bag has so much room it even fits in his gym kit and a coffee flask.

Julia Burns, second year Biology

Luxury bag Michael Kors

Julia uses her sophisticated Michael Kors bag – a birthday present – to carry books around campus.

However she said it is not suitable to carry her laptop around, because the open bucket tote shape makes her arm ache after awhile.

Aoi, second year exchange student

Aoi found this metallic spacious bag in Japan!

It caught our eyes in the SU and now we want the UK copy – American Apparel might do the job.

Immie, third year English and Theatre Studies

Immie’s Eastpak backpack

Immie wears the Eastpack of all Eastpacks. She ‘borrowed’ the bag from her housemate in second year and is yet to return it.

The bold colours compliment Immie’s neutral outfit and like all Eastpacks the backpack is incredibly practical.

Anna, second year English

Second year English student Anna shows how a tote bag is spacious and stylish in a neutral tone, although your shoulder may hurt at the end of a long day.

Oliver, first year Politics

Oliver channels a classic Barbour coat with an old English heritage look weekend bag. Spacious, practical, and stylish.