Police And Forensics Teams In Endcliffe

Police and forensic teams are present in Endcliffe Student Village after what has been described as an ‘incident’ taking place in Froggatt block in the early hours of this morning.

South Yorkshire police have confirmed an unnamed female student is in Northern General Hospital following the incident which is thought to have taken place between 3 and 4am.

Eye witness reports confirm a heavy emergency services presence from around 4am last night involving 5 police cars, 4 ambulances and 2 rapid response vehicle.

Forensic teams on campus.

“I was in the flat opposite and saw all the ambulances at about 4am. At about 6am there was still at least 5 police cars. But it was still strangely quiet. No one really knows what happened” says first year student Amish.

Forensics teams have been collecting evidence from a large cordoned off area throughout the day. Froggatt resident Pete reported seeing what he assumed to be the girls flatmates sat outside as police occupied the building this afternoon.

“Paramedics were also called at around 15:15pm after one girl was seen to be in a particularly distressed state”  he said. “It’s an awful atmosphere”

The University earlier released a statement saying they are aware of the incident and are offering the girls family and flatmates the relevant support and guidance.

More on this to follow.