Top 5 Sheffield Fashion blogs

Amber Gamble takes a look at Sheffield fashion blogs. Flogs, if you will.

Long gone are the days of spending £5 on a glossy magazine to get your fashion fix. Now all you need is an internet connection to access the latest trends. And what better place to get fashionspiration than local fashion bloggers.

1) Septimus Noir -“Selling my soul to fashion and fashioning my soul to sell”

No rest for the wicked

Girl band M.O get jiggy with it in their new music video featuring Charlotte’s clothes

Charlotte Baldwin-Turner is the author of this enticing, regularly updated blog. A recent graduate in Fashion design from Sheffield Hallam University, Charlotte, 22, is looking to make her name in the fashion industry as a designer. She has already designed and made clothing for a number of important occasions. Her pieces have been featured in new up and coming girl band M.O’s music video, as well as on the catwalk at the Miss South Yorkshire competition. Her blog cleverly showcases her hand made pieces of clothing, as well as what she gets up to from day to day.

2. Fashion Influx

Tartan doesn’t just have to be in red

Lydia Rose is the name behind this fashion blog. She is a recent graduate in English language from The University of Leeds, and has returned to her hometown of Sheffield to look for work. Her blog shows off a range of different outfits that are always up to date with the current season. And, even better she tailors the outfits to specific events, for example, ‘The interview’ and ‘The shopping trip’, so you’ll never be stuck for inspiration.

3. Shewearsfashion

shewearsfashion.com

Fashion in Paris

Kavita Donkersley, 20, started her fashion blog when she was only 16. Since then it has gained popularity from both fashion followers, as well as the national press. Kavita updates her blog with outfits of the day and the occasional beauty and lifestyle post. Not only is she a talented blogger, but her striking looks landed her a contract with Miss Guided to model their clothing. Her ‘Thrifty Thursday’ posts are perfect if you’re looking for some great finds at a low price.

4. The Dirty Pretty Little Thing

Jess Atkinson on all things dirty, pretty and little

Sheffield-based fashion and lifestyle blogger Jess Atkinson also writes for magazines, in both print and online. Her blog incorporates fashion on a global level, from what the stars were wearing at the Oscars to cute local vintage stores. The huge range of photos she includes in each post are sure to keep your fashion juices flowing.

5. The Jazz Pad

Jazzy fashion on Jazzpad

#ootd

The Jazz Pad is written by Claire, who likes lace, warehouses, geometric shoes and twitter. Aged 23, Claire started her blog in 2009 in a diary style to document her new life leaving home and starting university. The popularity of her blog has meant it is now a lifestyle and personal fashion blog. She covers experimental fashion from independent, UK based retailers. As well as fashion she also writes about special outings and reviews for music and films, which creates a good balance if all things fashion becomes too much.