Bless This Mess: Reverend and the Makers front-man plays in Hallam student’s kitchen

Second-year Hallamer Connor was treated to an intimate gig in his own flat after tweeting the band.

A student at Sheffield Hallam got the shock of his life when Reverend and the Makers’ front-man Jon McClure came to the Steel City and ended up in his kitchen.

Jon ‘The Reverend’ McClure played to about 40 people in the cosy student flat in Brearley House, Edward Street.

The Rev rocked up at Connors flat to sing his new album’s praises

Connor Elliot, a second-year maths and education student and Sheffield Hallam University, tweeted Reverend lead-singer Jon McClure inviting him to come round after the band announced their plans to stage 32 house-gigs. He was amazed when McClure picked him. ‘It was unbelievable. I tweeted Jon and he ended up coming round. I couldn’t believe he picked me.’

‘He said he was coming, but when he walked in I couldn’t beleive it. We were all starstruck. This was Jon from Reverend and the Makers playing a concert in my flat. Unbelievable.’

‘And it was just a fantastic set. He gave us a sneak preview of some fantastic new songs on the new album and some of the bands big hits’.

The Reverend performed as part of his “Camper-Van tour” of Britain. He plans to play at a total of 32 houses, in honour of the band’s new album Thirty Two.