The smokie: Smoke alarm selfie in return for free pizza

Fire & Rescue services in Sheffield are striking this weekend, but at least we have pizza.

Students are being offered free pizza in exchange for smoke-alarm selfies.

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service are giving away pizza hut vouchers to anyone who takes a picture of themselves testing a fire alarm.

Pulling a safety – students around sheffield are bribed into testing their smoke alarms.

Every fire safety selfie sent in to the Rescue Service facebook page will be entered into a draw to win one of 20 Pizza Hut vouchers with £10.

If you love fire safety, these vouchers could be all yours!

The firemen are keen to point out the dangers of cooking after a night out and remind people that its important to make sure your house’s smoke alarms work.

Smokin’

Phil Shilito, head of prevention and protection at South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue, said: “cooking is still the biggest cause of house fires.”

Although he said the campaign seemed “frivolous”, it was apparent that getting the message out was essential. “There is a really important message we want to share.”

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue have teamed up with Pizza Hut this weekend ahead of strike action.

The campaign comes in the lead up to the Fire Service’s strike action organised for this weekend. This Friday and Saturday firemen will go on strike. Services will run but will be severely depleted. The Fire and Rescue Service are keen to warn locals and students about what they can do to make sure they’re not at risk.

The Strike will be in operation from 10am to 6pm Friday and Saturday.