“Death of a Quadvod”

Students throughout Sheffield mourn as quadvods come off the menu.

“The quadvod is dead” – four words which will cause jaws all over Sheffield to drop and cause Wednesday nights never to be the same again.

Students were in for a shock on Wednesday night when they arrived at Corp’s ‘Skool Disco’ for a messy night of drunken antics and of course, quadvods. Sadly the quadvod had been banned.

Corp’s staff had posted signs throughout the club informing customers of the changes to the drink’s cost.

Prices have gone up by 10p

A member of staff said “government tax increases to our suppliers have increased their rates., this means our prices have gone up. But our drinks are still great value”.

The 10p price rise before midnight means that students may not be able to complete a full night at Corp on £5. Students are left unsure over how many nights they can afford week to week.

Though the prices have officially risen, some corp go-ers have found that they are still able to find excellent value.

One student finds no difficulty in getting served on the night

Despite a government crack down, Corp’s infamous dirty pint is rumoured to live on, with the drink now being served in various ‘forms’. Students claim that asking for two doubles in the same glass will get you the desired result, while the upstairs bar was serving trebles with a separate shot of vodka you poured in yourself.

Lovers of Corp are still finding it their favourite place to get off their tits

According to one bouncer, it is no longer possible to pay for more than a double at the bar (though this reporter was able to purchase a treble.) When pressed with more questions, he denied that quadvods ever existed and that he “didn’t know what I was on about.”

One distressed fresher, biology student Haley, said: “Corp is known for quadvods! I couldn’t imagine Corp without them. The place just isn’t the same now.”

Nonetheless, Corp maintains its status as the place to go for cheap, inexplicably luminous rejects from a meth lab.

The luminous pints will glow on forever.

Officially, the quadvod has ‘died’, but their spirits love on.