Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

If you do, you could have done worse than Sheffield…

eddie ennis graduate hill izzard jess sheffield student

Sheffield Uni scrapes its way into the top 300 universities in the world for producing millionaires.

This follows a joint survey by WealthInsight and Spear’s Magazine which analysed over 70,000 millionaires in 200 countries.

The University of Sheffield joins a group of 20 other UK Unis in the top 500 worldwide for producing millionaires, coming in 299th place globally.

Only a few graduates end up Firthy rich

Sheffield has had a fair few famous millionaires as graduates, such as Jessica Ennis-Hill and Eddie Izzard.

Sheffield was beaten marginally in the UK stakes by Lancaster (296th) and Glasgow (297th).

Unsurprisingly, the top 10 included the likes of Cambridge and Oxford, with Harvard coming out top.

The University of Bradford was the lowest ranking UK University in the top 500, coming 460th (still better than Hallam).

She’s doing Jess fine

The UK was also named the second top country for producing millionaire graduates, after the US.

The best degrees for producing millionaires were also named; Engineering was top, followed by subjects like Law and Finance.

One of the survey analysts also added that, despite what you’d expect, “interestingly, few of these degrees turn out to be outright vocational; most engineering graduates, for example, are not engineers but entrepreneurs”.

So, maybe the secret to success isn’t what you do but where you go? The Tab will certainly be using that excuse next Thursday morning lecture after Corp…