Sex and the Steel City

Have sex. Be happy. Sheffield is nailing it.

happy report sex sheffield student survey

Sheffield is the happiest city in the country, because we have the most sex.

The result came in a recent survey, with sex being seen as one of the most crucial factors to feeling good, according to residents.

Is this where we find happiness?

This is in spite of Sheffield being the worst city in the country to be a young person, according to another recent survey.

Beating the likes of popular destinations such as Cardiff, London and Edinburgh, over 1/3 of Sheffield residents claimed they felt good every single day.

An astonishing 37% of Sheffielders claimed that the key to happiness was sex.

Almost 72% of people living in Sheffield also believed doing good makes them feel good, with receiving compliments and spending time with friends and family also being vital to feeling happy.

Find Peace in the happiest city

Other northern cities didn’t fair so well – with 1/3 of Liverpudlians stating that they never feel good and 16% of Glaswegians claiming that they don’t ever feel happy.

Many residents of Sheffield aren’t too surprised by this news. Biomed student, Rony, sees the key to Sheffield’s success as coming down to it being “a place where you can work hard and play hard”.

Fellow student, Rhianna , agreed claiming that “Sheffield beats the miserable northern stereotype”.