Frier or Lower

Broomhill Friery receives one star hygiene rating from FSA

bean broomhill council dan fresher friery hygiene kebab sean

Broomhill Friery was one of 190 Sheffield businesses SLAMMED by the Food Standards Agency last month over its hygiene, The Tab can reveal. But the Friery has hit back, blaming “a clerical error”.

The student favourite received only one star when it was inspected by officials last month and was told that they required major improvement.

Tastes like…. substandard hygiene?

Twelve establishments have been given the dreaded “no stars” on their most recent visit by Council inspectors, but thankfully none are uni haunts.

“No Issues”

The Friery will hope Sheffield City Council take pitta on them in giving them time to make the “major improvement necessary”.

Kebabing a laugh

The chippy plays up its links with film and TV star Sean Bean, but has still found itself at the Sharpe end of the FSA, and may need to Boromir time to make the changes.

Dan Bean chipped in to say“The reason for our hygiene rating is purely clerical. Paperwork was not filled in correctly, however this is currently being rectified.

He also told The Tab: “There are no issues with food hygiene at our establishment.”

Hands-on

Students may not be put off by the news, with Varsity-winning cricketer and Friery fanatic Edward Pearce saying: “the Council are kebabing a laugh if they think we’ll stop going.”