Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Scarf, Human, Person, Picket, Fence

Five things to do for Christmas at Royal Holloway before you go home

Advent calendars at the ready

It's the time of year where the Christmas Insta pics start rolling out. Egham may not have much going on, but don't fret. Here's what to do at Royal Holloway to get in the festive spirit.

Go to the festive market on campus

Image may contain: Dog, Mammal, Pet, Animal, Canine, Fence, Picket, Human, Person

Start the celebrations at uni by heading to Royal Holloway's festive Christmas Market this Thursday. Its completely free and filled with food and market stalls for you to look around, as you listen to live performance from RHUL student groups. At 5:30pm the Principal and SU Presidents will switch on the Christmas tree lights, signalling the start of Christmas at Royal Holloway.

Take a trip to Windsor

Image may contain: Christmas Tree, Accessory, Accessories, Ornament, Road, Tree, Plant, Human, Person

If you don't want to travel too far from uni, Windsor provides the perfect place to get into the festive spirit. With the Christmas lights illuminating Peascod Street, and the Christmas tree shining right in front of the castle, a stroll around Windsor is sure to get you feeling festive. There are also many pubs to choose from (did someone say spoons?)making Windsor the perfect place to start your Christmas celebrations.

See Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park

Contrary to popular belief, Royal Holloway isn't in London. But we aren't too far away, so there’s nothing stopping you heading into London to get in the true festive spirit. Nothing says Christmas in London like Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland.

Its completely free to enter, but if you fancy taking part in the many activities, such as ice skating, circus shows, or any of the rides, its going to cost you extra. Food and drink is also expensive, so prepare your bank account for this trip, or just make sure you are in the true festive spirit before you get there.

Visit Kew Gardens

Image may contain: Pedestrian, Crowd, Rug, Light, Tunnel, Human, Person

If it's the Christmas lights that make you feel festive, why not head over to Kew Gardens for their after dark festive light show. With over a million lights and thousands of laser beams, its bound to be show you won't forget.

Go Ice skating at the National History Museum

Image may contain: Ornament, City, Building, Urban, Downtown, Town, Night Life, Rink, Plant, Tree, Ice Skating, Skating, Sports, Sport, Lighting, Person, Human

Need that festive insta pic? What better back drop than the iconic history museum as you glide, or fall, around the ice rink.

Loads of these pics were sent in by readers, if you want to be featured on The Royal Holloway Tab, DM us your pics and vids and we'll feature them on our Instagram!