The Summer Ball line up has been announced

It’s gonna be a big one

After hundreds of eager students queued up at 6am this morning in the hopes of getting half price summer ball tickets, the info we’ve all been waiting for was dropped. The SU announced this year’s Summer Ball line up, and to be honest, it wasn’t much of a shocker.

First up, Example, aka Royal Holloway alumni Elliot Gleave, who visited the uni earlier this year for an exclusive Q&A. Obviously he’s been feeling nostalgic about his years at Roho and is wanting to relive it one last time, with DJ Wire in tow.

example1

The man in action

Other acts on the line up include Becky Hill, the only contestant on The Voice to go on to get a no.1 – which was Gecko (Overdrive) with Oliver Heldens (remember that music video?). We’ve also got Jaguar Skills, renowned mash up artist, who, as well as Roho, is set to be playing Glastonbury, Bestival, and Leeds this summer. Bet he’s most excited for Holloway, though. Then, to top it off, we’ve got Jamie MacColl from Bombay Bicycle Club!

So basically, it’s gonna be a banger. Now we just have to scrape together what’s left of our student loan to afford a ticket…