You can finally pay with your college card at the SU

Yes, that’s right, at last the SU has heard us

Okay, so it’s not the biggest news story of the year, but this change over Christmas, along with the £10,000 re-investment into Tommy’s (or so the SU claims), may make those legendary SU nights a little bit easier.

No longer will we face the mile long queues for the cash point, just to find out its run out of cash…again.

No more trekking up to Windsor just to claim your VK budget for the night.

And no more bulk buying just to meet the £5 card charge limit. The SU College Card is here.

Can’t wait to use this bad boy

The card has taken nearly 10 months, as President for Education and Campaigns, Nayab Cheema, first put the change forward in her March manifesto. Now it’s arrived, she’s pleased to have see it happen.

She said: “I’m absolutely delighted that we’ve been able to bring in this change. When running for election this was a key part of my manifesto and was based on the views of students I consulted with at the time.”

So it comes with a few disclaimers. For us poor students that happen to be in our college overdraft (as well as the one at the bank, let’s be real) you need to top it up in credit. Also if its after midnight, forget it, for some unknown reason the SU have put a time limit on transactions – just gonna have to get the drinks in before then eh?

Its unclear whether the VAT discount will  be applied to drinks and burgers in Tommy’s but with Medicine’s new Toast night, there’s always going to be a way to get your drinks a little cheaper (all drinks are £1.50 on a Monday).

Now if only these magical college cards could open the back gate…