There was a fire at Egham Prezzo this morning

Nobody was hurt

Prezzo in Egham caught fire in the early hours of this morning in a blaze which took two hours to extinguish.

Fire crews from across Surrey were called to the incident at 5:30am and the restaurant is closed until further notice while investigations take place into the cause of the fire.

Fire crews worked for around two hours to stop the blaze which reportedly started on the first floor of the venue.

Prezzo will be closed until further notice

Salvo, a local taxi driver from Cabs Central of Egham was present for the whole event. He said: “A few fire trucks arrived at 5:30am and there was lots of smoke coming from the top floor which I guess is the staff section.

“Smoke reached the main restaurant on the ground floor and then an ambulance arrived too.

“Firefighters were using masks and oxygen when they went in the building so it seemed pretty bad but no one got hurt. It could have turned out very badly.”

Fortunately there were no reported casualties from the blaze, but it is yet to be confirmed how much damage has been caused to the building.

The Tab loves Prezzo

A treasured eating establishment popular with many in Egham, some students are taking the temporary closure hard.

One third year living in Egham told the Tab: “After a stressful week of deadlines, Prezzo calamari and a glass of Prosecco were the only thing getting me through the week. I hope it opens again soon.”

Hopefully the damage is fixable and we’ll be flocking to our beloved Italian once more.