Skepta might be coming to Medicine

It ain’t safe

Grime star Skepta might be coming to perform at our very own Medicine, or, as Tim Westwood once dubbed it, “da Medicine club”.

The That’s Not Me singer was mentioned in a Facebook post by the ACS society, who asked if we’d rather have Skepta, JME or Fekky perform at Medicine.

That’s not him (actually, it is)

If it’s pulled off, the ACS society may manage to get someone we actually want to see live. RHUL’s track record for live music hasn’t been great. DJ Fresh only played about three of his best songs, Big Narstie killed the mood at Medicine by calling us Surrey uni, Kevin from American Pie finished his set before the majority of people arrived, and Example didn’t even perform when he came to visit last week.

We asked people what they thought about Skepta performing in Medicine, and while several people were very excited, most didn’t actually seem to know who he was.

Second years Lauren and Ellen agreed that while they didn’t know who he was they’d still “be up for going if friends were going”.

Another second year, Hannah, simply said “Nah”.

Sam though seemed very excited at the possibility of Skepta coming to Roho. He said: “He’s the voice of our generation.”

ACS committee members told The Tab although nothing has been confirmed, they have been in touch with Skepta’s management. Check out the Royal Holloway ACS Society page for updates.