Royal Holloway drops in uni rankings but we’re still better than King’s

We’re 69th: come up with your own crude joke

Royal Holloway has dropped 16 places in the latest Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey to a pitiful 69th.

Loughborough and Bath take the top two spots in the survey, which focuses on student satisfaction with their course, social life, and uni facilities. Unsurprisingly Oxford and Cambridge also make it into the top ten, as they do for every uni ranking in existence.

The blow of Royal Holloway’s fall in the rankings is cushioned slightly by the knowledge we still feature ahead of rival King’s College London who have dropped a massive 25 places to 80th, though our friends over at the University of Surrey have got it sorted in 6th place.

RHUL’s poor placing was partly down to very low scores for our Students’ Union and for the social life on campus, hardly surprising given Egham isn’t the liveliest of places even on a good day.

However, the lowest individual score for Royal Holloway went to the “cheap shop/bar/amenities” section, with only the University of East London performing worse than RHUL.

Uni officials will no doubt hope the proposed new library and shop will combat the low levels of satisfaction.

It’s not been all bad news this year though: many of our sports teams continue to out-perform our rivals. The men’s fencing, lacrosse and football teams as well as women’s football, rugby and basketball teams (to name a few) have all come first in their BUCS leagues. So, let’s hope the 2015 rankings will put us in a great position to reach the top ten.