Re-think your summer travelling plans and help make a difference

Travelling abroad shouldn’t be a vanity project

£50 DISCOUNT WITH TAB50 CODE FOR FIRST 100 READERS – CLICK HERE

Christmas may be round the corner, but you’d be forgiven for already thinking about what you’re going to do next summer.

The few months of time off between this year at uni and the next are an ideal chance to explore the world and go travelling, but picking where to go and what to do can be a tricky decision.

Not any more. Childreach International offers students the chance to participate in volunteering projects in Morocco, Nepal and Tanzania, making a difference to local communities by helping support the provision of free education.

For two weeks, you live and work in a local community while helping with a construction project that will make a difference to teaching and education in that part of the world for generations to come.

Childreach International’s “Big Build” projects are designed to help some of the world’s most marginalised children unlock their potential and gain a good education.

So, while other people are making their summer travels all about them, you could be making a vital difference to another community.

And, there’s £50 off for the first 100 Tab readers to get involved! Sign up today using the promo code TAB50 to avoid missing out.

After spending two weeks volunteering on the project, you’re then free to go travelling anywhere you like, with a clear conscience knowing you’ve left behind something more positive than footprints and a used hostel bed.

Amy recently went on the Big Build Nepal. Here’s what she had to say about the experience.

“The Big Build Nepal was one of the best experiences of my life; I made some amazing friends, had a brilliant time and really feel like I made a massive difference.

“By getting to know the local community, it was great to see exactly who would be benefiting from the centre.”

“Every night the kids sat with us telling us all about their lives and teaching us Nepalese dances and songs.

“For me, these hours were some of the best of the trip; I found it fascinating to talk to some of the local girls who would proudly tell us in fantastic English how they were the first women in their family to go to school.”

So, what will it be?

Waking up with painful sunburn from a day at the beach…

Or waking up with a glistening tan from helping to build of a new school?

Going on holiday somewhere cheap that has terrible facilities…

Or helping to improve the facilities of a community on the other side of the world?

Travelling halfway around the world only to spend your whole time taking selfies…

Or turning your camera the other way and getting to know people who live a completely different life to you?

We know which one we’d pick. Sign up for your Childreach Big Build project here.