A beginners guide to Everything Everything

We’ve got the low down on RUSU’s Summer Ball headline act

Unless you’ve been living under a large rock, you should already know the headline act for this years Summer Ball is Indie Rock band, Everything Everything.

With it being less than a month away now, here’s a few key facts about the band who will be gracing the stage at our beautiful university:

They have three amazing albums

After releasing one of their most famous songs, Distant Past, on Zane Lowe’s radio show, Everything Everything released their last album Get To Heaven in June 2015. This album focuses on themes such as the political elections in England, mass shootings, and Iraq, all of this is matched with stupidly catchy melodies.

Seriously, they’re so good:

They’re an actual band

We’re going to have an actual live band performing, this beats a DJ set being the headline act by far.

They’ve been around the block

They’ve played at both Reading and Leeds, T in the Park, and Glastonbury.  They’ve also been playing in America over both this year and last year. On top of this, in 2012 they supported both Snow Patrol and Muse, so they definitely know what they’re doing.

You need to listen to them perform live:

They’re actually pretty fucking cool 

If you all play in red suits, have sick haircuts and actually look like you’re having a good time on stage, then in my eyes you’re actually really cool. Also, they’ve got great musical taste, having admitted to loving Destiny’s Child and Michael Jackson, which just makes them even better.

They have been nominated for a hella amount of awards

The Mancunian band were short listed for BBC Sound of 2010, being nominated alongside musicians including Two Door Cinema Club, Ellie Goulding, Hurts, and Devlin. As well as this they were short listed for the Mercury Music Prize in 2011, the Ivor Novello Awards in 2011 and 2014 and won a UK Single of the Year award with their song Kemosabe in 2014. Basically they’re a pretty big deal.

They’ve got joint railcards 

They’re so close they share railcards, which is both cute and pretty cool. Friendship goals, I think so.

2GETHER 4EVA

A photo posted by Everything Everything (@e_e_) on

Still unconvinced? Well that’s your loss because they’re going to be so fucking good. But whatever you think, when you combine them with Sub Focus, Tough Love and Rewire & Varsky, there’s no denying that Summer Ball 2016 really will be the best way to end your year at Reading.