Portsmouth has risen six places in The Good University Guide 2018

Brand new statistics reveal Portsmouth University is the 8th best university on the South East coast

The Sunday Times have just published the latest version of The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 which reveal the best and worst universities in the UK. It provides the definitive rankings for UK universities and the most comprehensive overview of higher education in Britain.

And Portsmouth University is ranked 8th in the South East region. Get in there Pompey. We have climbed 6 places from last year which is hugely significant progress.

Nationally Portsmouth University ranks 53rd best in the UK with 82.4 per cent teaching excellence and 81.3 per cent student satisfaction.

Top 10 South East Region:

1. Oxford

2. Surrey

3. Sussex

4. Southampton

5. Kent

6. Reading

7. Buckingham

8. Portsmouth

9. Creative Arts

10. Chichester

And if this wasn’t good enough we’ve only gone and won the prestigious ‘Gold’ rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework.

Now I don’t know about you. But that doesn’t sound too shabby for a University with freshers who apparently cause ‘Shocking and unprecedented scenes’ during there first few nights out.

Here’s to the next year where I’m sure our students will continue to awe and amaze.

University of Portsmouth