Gorgeous student made Miss Earth England final

She’s had to plant a lot of trees to get here

ayo sokale beauty pageant miss earth england plymouth university

A Plymouth undergrad stunned judges at the Miss Earth England final after winning two awards.

Ayo Sokale, who’s studying Civil and Coastal Engineering, won the Most Photogenic and Best Smile award at the eco-friendly pageant last month.

Ayo, 21, is now back in the library for the start of the term after putting a year of preparation into Miss Earth.

ayo sokale 3

ayo sokale 2

The undergraduate said: “I had the best day possible and there were so many accomplished women. I had such a good time.

“I didn’t expect to win two awards but I felt I gave the best performance I could and everyone was so kind.

“I was back in the library yesterday though and I take my studies very seriously. For over 10 years I’ve known what I want to do.”

Contestants are encouraged to support the environment and promote awareness for a clean, natural and healthy environment.

ayo sokale

ayo sokale 4

They had to plant trees and raise money for charity as part of the pageant.

Ayo is raising money for research into Neuroblastoma by skydiving.

The pageant website says: “Miss Earth empowers contestants to focus on and promote environmental awareness for a clean, natural and healthy environment.

“During participation contestants plant trees and raise funds for their charity projects.’’