The Tab tries: Shag at Uni

Single lad and ever hopeful, Joel Watson gives the infamous Shag at Uni a go… for 10 whole minutes.

This week I gave Shag at Uni a try.

Having heard whisperings about this site from various friends of friends I thought I’d see what it was all about.

After setting myself up with a half-assed selfie I was feeling confident.

Hopeful

hopeful

who wouldn't want that face?

who wouldn’t want that face? my single days are over!

Before I had even added a profile picture I had several offers from girls to chat and exchange photos. I had also been ‘favourited’ by several girls. Too good to be true?

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 12.48.48

dare I?

‘Shag at Uni’ requires male members to register for fifteen pounds a month to view any messages they receive. Even when the messages are obviously fake.

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 12.50.07

how do they expect poor students to trump up the cash?

There were around 150 women listed within five miles of Plymouth and on first glance there were some very attractive individuals.

Although, looking like they did, they could probably pull someone in pretty much any bar in the city, so unless they had already shagged the entire male population of Plymouth and were looking for new options, they weren’t real.

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 12.49.25

so many options

After a look at the available men in the same area, it appeared that there were between 5000 and 10,000 males signed up around Plymouth alone. So the ratio of men to women is roughly 75 to 1.

With those odds, unless you’ve got a ten foot cock, you might as well not bother. It’s like taking part in a lottery where the top prize is having a fat cougar piss on your chest whilst her estranged husband masturbates in the corner.

no hope

no hope

Obvious problems with having an unrestricted signup for a website designed for student dating is that anyone can, and does sign up. 1 in 5 members looked like they were actually students. To be fair, some of the women looked about 21… stone. Most looked about 30 years old and very unhappy about it. I can only imagine how many 40+ men are trawling the site. If they wanted this idea to be remotely legit, members should at least require an NUS number.

It’s free for women to use all of the websites features, so if you are a female student lacking the self confidence to pull on a night out, and you really want to be bombarded with 3000 pictures of male genitalia, by all means give this a whirl.

I am feeling a whole list of emotions, mostly disgust

What you’ve got here is a website designed to sucker fifteen pounds a month off men. Some male students believe there are attractive female students looking for one night stands, and there are. Unfortunately, they’re not sat on ‘Shag at Uni’, they’re in a bar on a Friday night and it costs nothing to hit on them there.

Give this one a miss fellas, all women already have.

Want to write an article like this for The Tab Plymouth? Email editor@plymouthtab.co.uk