APPLICATIONS OPEN: Join The Tab Oxford for Trinity 2021

It’ll be fun, we promise

The Oxford Tab is now recruiting for our team! Applications are open for a position for Trinity Term 2021.

Positions are available for Deputy Editor, Reporter, Staff writer, and Marketing Director and we welcome applications from all Oxford students.

Experience with journalism and writing may help your application, but even if you’ve never written for The Tab, now is a great time to get involved and take on something new. Plus, you get all the Oxford gossip first…

Deputy Editor

As Deputy Editor, you’ll work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and oversee all the articles the Tab Oxford publishes and be responsible for leading the team on all the latest news and stories on campus.

You’ll be writing a variety of pieces every week, alongside editing articles for the team, with a focus on a particular section (news, life, features or opinions). Your job is to keep The Tab on top of all the latest content, and ensure all of the team are writing something.

The role is really rewarding and a great opportunity to get involved in leading the team!

Reporter/Staff Writer

The Oxford Tab is always looking out for the next big story, and as a reporter or staff writer, you’d get to report on news as it comes or get first pick on any commissions we put out.

You’ll need to have an eye for a good story, always have an ear out for the latest news, controversies and events, and have a passion to report on scoops before anyone else.

It’s key to keep up-to-date on Oxford’s news, from protests on campus to major announcements from the University.

Rating outfits on campus, or arguing which Oxford club is better – as a writer you’ll have a keen interest in everything relevant and relatable to Oxford students.

You will also support the editorial team with ideas and write multiple times a week.

Marketing Director

If you’ve got a knack for making memes, want to promote a brand image or just love scrolling all day, this one’s for you. 

Your job will be to manage The Oxford Tab’s social media channels across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and responsibilities will include advertising our articles, posting content on our stories and growing our audience!

You’ll also help us leverage the Oxford college system to increase readership and find passionate people to come write for us.

Finally, you’d support the editorial team in keeping an eye out for Oxford-related content and watching for the latest news and campus gossip.

Think you’ve got what it takes?

If you’re interested in any of our roles and would like to apply, fill out your application on the Google form below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7vocM5qbGegUigvT7dWidRu4ToX9SvAqiCk7UwT72LHRVAQ/viewform