The Oxford Tab is back and we’re looking for new writers!

We want YOU to come and get involved in this exciting new opportunity

The Oxford Tab is relaunching and we’re on the look out for new writers, meme-makers, Tik Tok creators and social media gurus to join our team.

The Tab runs many successful pages around the country, breaking the biggest news on campus, as well as creating fun and entertaining online content.

It’s about bloody time Oxford got in on the party, so if you fancy getting involved, send a DM to @thetab_oxford on Instagram

For now, have a read of what we’re all about and who exactly we are looking for.

What’s The Tab?

The Tab is a student news site across over 30 UK universities, with over 10 million monthly readers. Writing for The Oxford Tab, we’ll share your stories to our Oxford Tab Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.

Here’s what we’ve been getting up to lately.

We recently launched two successful nationwide campaigns. As part of “Do Better” we investigated aspects of sexual violence and how that plays out on campuses, while our “You Matter” campaign delved deeper into the way universities have dealt with rising levels of mental ill health.

In Lancaster, we broke the shocking story about a student who faces a 73-year wait until he can officially graduate.  Over in Bristol, we’ve been covering the riots with some video content and a raft of brilliant articles.

The London Tab ranked every lockdown trend, while The Leeds Tab fooled thousands with its April Fools story on the foundation of a new Tik Tok degree.

There really is no limit to the range of stories we cover.

Why The Tab?

Aside from the fact we need to stop Cambridge dominating Oxbridge news, there are plenty of reasons you should come and write for us. Modern news media is moving away from print, and writing for us means your stories will reach thousands of readers.

The Oxford Tab is a great way to get involved in a range of opportunities. Absolutely no experience is needed – we’ll train you up! There’s no commitment, and you can write as much or as little as you want around your uni studies and deadlines.

We’re looking for:

• Reporters who can fire out quick news pieces or write current and relatable features

• Meme makers and social media supremos who can get involved in our Instagram, creating posts to engage and expand audiences

• Love video? We’re looking for creative and engaging TikTok creators

Our team works with an Assistant Editor, who is based at The Tab HQ in London. They offer training for all our team in reporting news and key insight into writing features that will be read by thousands.

If you’re looking to get into media, look no further for great experience that leads to fantastic opportunities. Tab alumni often go on to work for big name global publications, such as the BBC, VICE, The Times and Vogue. Not looking for a career in media? Writing for The Tab offers experience and skills in a range of areas, no matter what you want to do.

But don’t just take it from us. Here’s what people who’ve written for us have to say about their experiences at The Tab.

Nicola Howard- Editor-In-Chief of The Bristol Tab

“Joining the Tab has been the best thing I have done at university. I have learnt so much about journalism, digital journalism, running social media channels and managing a team all while building a cracking portfolio and experience for my CV.

“You get out of it as much as you give, and I definitely recommend committing to it as early as you can and rising through the ranks. Everyone is super supportive too! It’s so fun and incredibly rewarding to have your finger on the pulse of all things student news at your uni!”

Emily Shead- Former Editor-In-Chief of The London Tab

Emily Shead

“The Tab has been an amazing experience for me and a way to enhance my skills alongside my studies. During my time at the Tab I’ve had my work picked up by the Sunday Times, the Mail and a number of other national papers. The absolute highlight was getting splash on the Guardian!

“Working at the Tab has been such a privilege as we’ve managed to break exclusive news stories and we have really felt like we have helped our fellow students find out the vital information that they need to know about what’s going on at their university right now. Not only that, but I joined an amazing family of young writers and editors where we all share stories and work together to produce some amazing journalism.

“The friends I’ve made at The Tab are friends from unis across the country that I plan to keep for life.”

Where do I sign up?

Drop us a DM on Instagram or fire an email to [email protected], and we’ll take it from there!