Bernie Sanders is coming to Oxford

US senator Bernie Sanders is launching his new book at Oxford’s very own Sheldonian Theatre this summer.

Hide Images

Bernie Sanders, the former US Presidential candidate, is coming to Oxford this June.

The former Democrat candidate, who was beaten by Hillary Clinton last year, has decided to write a book about his failed campaign, which he will launch at his talk at The Sheldonian titled ‘Our Revolution: A future to Believe in’.

The US senator is well known for his progressive and liberal views on issues such as global warming, income inequality, LGBT rights and universal healthcare, contrasting with current President Donald Trump. He is hugely popular with the younger generation in the US, and Oxford students will equally welcome his insights, particularly in this time of political turmoil.

On the 2nd June, Bernie will fly over from his quiet life in Vermont, a state with more cows than people, to the city life of Oxford, which is in fact familiar to him as his brother, Larry Sanders, works as a political activist in East Oxford.

Sanders’s talk is part of ‘The Hay Festival’ literary event and his book will be available for purchase in Waterstones after his visit. Tickets cost £15 and can be purchased at www.hayfestival.com