Oxford grads are the second most sought after by top employers

We produce some of the best students in the country

Major employers prefer hiring Oxford graduates more than any other university – except one. The fair less cool and far more fresh faced Cantabs were given top spot in a survey by Times Higher Education.

In a global survey os the best 150 universities in the world, recruitment managers in a range of large international business gave Oxford seventh place in the world, and the second best in the UK. We beat young upstarts Imperial College London (16th), King’s College London (23rd) and the University of Manchester (24th).

The survey behind the ranking asked over 2,500 people responsible for graduate recruitment in large employers to define what they look for and which universities are most successful at producing graduates who meet their needs.

Phil Baty, Times Higher Education World University Rankings editor, said: “A university education brings a host of life-enhancing benefits but for many students, launching a successful career is one of the most important outcomes. For these students, the sixth Global University Employability Ranking will bring them insight and clarity they can’t get anywhere else. In a year of huge political upheaval, where young students have witnessed Brexit and the unexpected election of Donald Trump as US President, many will seek the relative safety of a university with a strong track record of producing graduates who are valued by large, international graduate employers. This ranking will help them make that vital decision.”