Stormzy will be performing at Oxford Uni

Where do you know him from?

On Monday 7 March, Stormzy, one of the biggest names on the grime scene, will be making an appearance at Oxford University. Following the major success of high profile speakers such as Kanye West and Lil Jon, The Oxford Guild are giving students the opportunity to hear Stormzy talk about his career and experience, as well as watch him perform for free.

Best known for tracks such as Shut Up and WickedSkengMan4, Stormzy has been internationally recognised. He was one of the first grime artists to break through into the mainstream charts, and last year had a very close shot for christmas no.1 with the YouTube smash Shut Up. He’s also made a name for himself as winner of the 2014 and 2015 MOBO Award for Best Grime Act.

Soon set to embark on a tour of America, Stormzy’s influence is growing fast. At only 22, he has shaken up the music industry. Oxford students will have the unique opportunity to hear him discuss the experiences that have shaped his career, as well as to ask him questions. And did we mention that he’ll be performing?

The event, currently set to take place at the Blue Boar Lecture Theatre in Christ Church College, at 8pm, is expected to be hugely popular. Places are currently being balloted, with the option of balloting for one or two spaces. Those successful will be notified on Sunday afternoon.

Ballot now to ensure you don’t miss out, here.