Enough is Enough rally draws hundreds of protesters

‘Stick it to Cameron’

Members of the Oxford community gathered outside the Oxford City Centre today to protest against council cuts, including homeless services, mental health support, children centres and transport.

After a loud and successful one hour rally, the council let in the protesters to debate with the local councillors. Of the 63 councillors, only 31 are Conservative. Protester and Brasenose fresher Julien Goodman said: “There is a unity between all groups of people here. there is a coalition of people trying to stop these changes. People are dependant on these things. Its just a tragic situation.”

“The disparity is so bad, it’s a joke of a democracy” said 1st year St.Peter’s student Annabel. An Oxford doctoral student, who wishes to remain anonymous said in the debate “I have lived with severe mental illnesses which are directly causally linked to childhood neglect. I find it soul destroying that you want to take away the resources we already have to help children that will go through what I went through.”
A worker for the  Affordable  Housing Oxford, a charity helping the homeless across Oxford, spoke to the Tab saying that “This is going to cause bigger problems as we’re volunteers and this will just increase our work load. We’ve just started to get it right and this is just bollocks. More people are just going to become homeless.” 
Other speakers called out saying: “rich and poor deciding further and further”, “you can choose not to put your name to these cuts” and “stick it to Cameron and resign.” The council have yet to take formal action.