Tweed at speed: A fashion shoot

It’s not just for Christchurch’s landed gentry

If you’re feeling inspired by autumnal fashion with a preppy vibe, look no further than the fashion pages of The Tab, where the hot trend of the moment, is of course, tweed.

Once the domain of stuffy old dons and farmers alike, tweed has become a style staple that can work for everyone. It’s now an everyday fashion must-have, a perfect combo of comfort and elegance so you can look dashing as you dash to lectures

Rachel wears: trousers Zara, shirt Tu, jacket Vintage and shoes Clarks

First up, it’s the classic tweed look.  With fitted trousers and a looser jacket, Rachel’s outfit is a perfect balance of serious and playful, which as any keen Sims fan will know, is the key to success.  On top of that, the gorgeous brogues definitely deserve a mention.

Maarten-Pieter wears: jacket Burton, shirt H+M, belt Jack and Jones, trousers Zara and shoes Pikolinos

Maarten-Pieter has opted for paler green (trust us) trousers to contrast with his charcoal (again, trust us) jacket.  Pale trousers are always a risky strategy when you’re cycling, but we think daredevil Maarten-Pieter’s outfit really works.

James wears: jacket Vintage (from Reign, Oxford), trousers Next, shirt Next and boots model’s own

Proudly supporting local businesses whilst adding vintage bonus points to his look, the centrepiece of James’ outfit is of course this vibrant tweed jacket, which he teams with neutral staples.

Tina wears: trousers Florence and Fred at Tesco, shirt H+M, cardigan Lowry’s Farm, coat Lowry’s Farm, boots H+M, scarf Topshop, bag Musi and umbrella Cath Kidston

Tina takes tweed in a whole new direction, giving it a baggy 80s twist which we love.  Combining looser fitting trousers with casual layers, Tina shows that tweed does not always have to be smart.

Lottie wears: skirt Next, top New Look and shoes model’s own

Lottie’s businessey skirt demontrates that tweed can not only help you speed to lectures, but also up the career ladder.  Combined with a deep green (just imagine it) jumper, Lottie is ready to face the terrifying world after Oxford by power dressing in tweed.

Alex wears: blazer Moschino, shirt Moschino, trousers Moschino, shoes Dr. Martens and socks Slazenger

Alex’s outfit is effortlessly chic, and perhaps it’s his natural aptitude for modelling, or his beautiful hair, but to be honest, we reckon it’s the tweed.  Add tweed to any outfit to make it instantly ten times more suave.

Lottie and Alex demonstrating the versatile nature of tweed – comfortable and practical when you’re on the go

Models: Lottie Dodd, Rachel Harpole, Alex Honey, James Kavanagh, Maaretn-Pieter Moolenburgh, Tina Walsh, Hercules the Bike

Photographer: Jake Hatt