Emma Watson’s pain over ‘horrendous’ split from Oxford rugby hunk

Broke up with Matt Janney last November

Emma Watson has revealed her heartache after a “horrendous” split with Oxford rugby sensation Matt Janney.

Although the break-up with French and Russian language student Matt was amicable he has since revealed how she took herself off to a “silent retreat” to overcome her heartache over the breakdown of their relationship.

Speaking in the September issue of Vogue UK, the former Harry Potter star said: “I felt really uncomfortable, even before my relationship ended, I went on a silent retreat, because I really wanted to figure out how to be at home with myself.”

At least he still has this massive cup

Emma, 25, treated herself to a break in Canada’s Rocky Mountains at a facility which enforces a week-long silence vow, shortly before the “horrendous” break-up.

Described by Vogue as  the “voice of a generation” the star explained why her her profile as a Hollywood star and global charity campaigner has not negatively impacted her romantic relationships.

Matt Janney has maintained his own profile since breaking up with the Perks of Being Wallflower star. He’s lead a squad of Good Lads who aim to boot sexism out of sport forever.

They teach men to “become agents of positive change” with classes on consent, sexual harassment, masculinity, peer pressure, banter, social capital, power and responsibility.

Emma once admitted she had experienced sexism since the age of eight and has called for men and women to band together for gender equality.

The former lovers met during Emma’s brief stint in Oxford studying English at Worcester College.

But her hectic work schedule and Matt’s uni studies were blamed for their “amicable” split at the end of last year.

Despite his growing resemblance to Ron Weasley, the hunky undergrad was voted Oxford’s most eligible bachelor in 2014.