Triple murder suspect Jed Allen: Wolverine obsessed, knife-loving bodybuilder is still at large

The search continues

Oxford was thrown into a panic yesterday after a manhunt began for suspected murderer Jed Allen.

This followed the deaths of his mother, her partner, and his six-year-old sister, stabbed in their family home on Saturday.

University Parks were closed as police attempted to find former University groundsman Allen – who remains at large.

CCTV footage shows suspect at Oxford train station

Thames Valley Police released CCTV footage of the suspect in the WHSmith store at Oxford train station just before 6pm on Saturday night. From there it is thought he walked to University Parks.

The sound of the police helicopter buzzing above Oxford kept many students tense and alert, with many receiving worried phone calls from parents and carers warning them to stay vigilant.

74 acres of parks were closed and searched yesterday, though nothing is thought to have been found. The parks have since been reopened.

But who exactly are we looking for?

Allen is a tall, stocky gym goer with large sideburns. His Instagram reveals an obsession with X-Men character, Wolverine. One picture shows him posing with a selection of knives, imitating the character.

Allen, who apparently modelled himself on the bushy side burned super hero, posted hundreds of photos, including knifes, knuckle dusters and ebola spelt out in Scrabble tiles.

The Instagram account also reveals an appreciation of supervillains, such as Ultron, and “antihero” The Punisher, often associated with violence and vengeance.

‘Work selfies’ featuring claims he’d been “let loose” with dangerous tools

However these interests extend further than comic book characters.

One picture, posted on Instagram, features a ten inch hunting knife and the caption, “Today’s purchases #shopping #sunday #money”.

A later picture, taken only five months ago, shows the knife on a desk along with everyday items such as Reese’s peanut butter cups, a water bottle and protein powder, with the hashtag “tidy room tidy mind”.

He also posted photos of his healthy breakfasts.

Jed is thought to have attended Marlborough Church of England School, in Woodstock. Former landlady of the family Jane Ilott, 68, described Jed as a “typical teenager” although she also said that he was “really struggling,” in reference to alleged drinking problems suffered by his mother.

It is also believed that the breakdown of his parents’ marriage affected his mood and behaviour.

It is thought Jed spent a lot of his time at the gym, having been described as “stocky” and referring to himself in one of his posts as a “gym warrior.”

Neighbours and friends have described him as “the silent type,” and have alluded to anger problems, though a former employer insisted he was “a normal person.”

It has been suggested that post-mortem examinations of the victims will be carried out today. Meanwhile the search for prime-suspect Jed Allen continues.