#FRIDGEGATE: Outrage as New confiscates all students’ fridges

Happened after one started “leaking some nasty stuff”

Fridgegate Injustice

New College is being rocked to its core by a scandal to rival all previous scandals. In an unprecedented move, all fridges in the college have been removed – simply because one person’s started leaking.

It’s unknown exactly what provoked the college’s extreme reaction. Speaking exclusively to The Tab, our source at New said: “There’s all sorts of different stories.”

“I’ve heard some people saying that a fridge exploded, others saying that someone got really ill from ammonia poisoning. No one knows whose fridge it was though.”

His fridge used to be here

The event has had wide reaching repercussions. Discussing how it feels to be thrown back into the Dark Ages, our source said: “I’m pretty bloody outraged.”

“Replacements aren’t coming for ages, and my milk has already gone off.”

In an effort of solidarity with the poor students of New College, The Tab is pleased to officially launch a campaign to end their suffering, #BringBackOurFridges.

A Tab spokesperson said: “Our hearts go out to the students of New, who have faced an unacceptable level of hardship.”

“The #BringBackOurFridges campaign is our effort to end these injustices and ensure that all Oxford students have equal access to fresh milk.”