Anger and protests as OSFL try to host ANOTHER pro-life event

When will it end

Abortion OSFL Protests

Oxford’s anti-abortion society are hosting another controversial event about what it means to be a “pro-life feminist”.

Oxford Students for Life (OSFL) plan to host the debate at Exeter College on Wednesday.

But outraged students will be protesting the event, saying that “Exeter College has a duty, especially during term time, to not make its students, staff or fellows feel unsafe or uncomfortable.”

It’s going to be “peaceful and quiet”

This comes after the controversial cancellation of last term’s Christ Church debate, and in the midst of Oxford-wide debates about no-platform policies.

The OSFL panel on Wednesday is set to include Dr Raheal Gabrasadig, primary school trainee Isabel Arrington, fundraiser Emily Watson and lawyer Maryssa Gabriel.

They’ll be discussing “their experiences and intellectual journeys, and about what it means to be pro-life”.

The protest (which currently has almost double the number of attendees than the panel itself) has been organised by Alice Nutting, admin of the Cuntry Living Facebook group.

It’s intended to “be an event of solidarity in support of anyone who has had an abortion/knows someone who has had one and who may feel unsafe in their own home as a result of this event,” said Nutting.

She emphasised that “this is a peaceful, quiet demo and there will be no attempt to actually stop anyone from going to the event”.

26 likes…

Not all back the protest. One Cuntry Living member said “the particular event itself seemed to be a) squarely aimed at those who already see themselves as pro-life and b) not posing (unlike the debate last term) as anything otherwise.

“I’m not sure practically what the protest would achieve other than claims of persecution by OSFL.”