‘He used my head as an ashtray’: Student attacked outside Wahoo

Keble fourth year attacked on Friday

Assault wahoo

It was supposed to be a typical Friday night out at Wahoo.

But a Keble fourth year was left horrified after a sadistic reveller stubbed a cigarette out on the back of her neck outside Wahoo last Friday night.

The punter, thought to be an Oxford student, was with a group when he attacked Holly Meehan as she left the club in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Holly, a fourth year French & Philosophy student at Keble, tells The Tab about her frightening ordeal.

“I left Wahoo with a group of friends around closing time, and there were some guys hanging out outside, but we didn’t say anything or even make eye contact with them – I don’t even think they heckled us.”

The man, who she says seemed to be an Oxford student, then stubbed his cigarette out on her head in the unprovoked attack.

“We continued walking and maybe three meters away from the club one of the guys ran up behind me and stubbed his cigarette on the back of my neck, in my hair.”

“There was a lot of ash in my hair and a lot of it has fallen out, it was disgusting.”

And after the cruel attack, the men ran away laughing. “I turned around to see him running away and his friends all laughing.”

But the nightmare wasn’t over, and the aggressive punter came back for more.

She said: “He came back a bit later on and me and some friends confronted him about it: he denied all knowledge of the incident and claimed he didn’t even smoke (despite the fact he smelt strongly and clearly of cigarettes) – even though we had all seen him and were sure it was him.”

And it turns out that the man moved in a circle of abusers. One of his friends “had tried to grope one of my friends earlier on in the evening, as it turned out.”

Not the best crowd…

Holly told The Tab that no one from Wahoo intervened at the time, but she says that’s because the bouncers were busy.