Pimp my costume: Have a less standard Halloween

Don’t be a cat again this year

Gritting you fangs at all those Halloween fashion faux pas? Tearing your fur out over yet another cat costume?

With all of you in mind, we’ve reVamped some of those tired Halloween fancy dress staples, in the hope that you’ll see a few less kittens and devils on the dance floor this year.

HANNA BARICIC and LIZZIE EVENS bring you their original spin on stale Halloween costumes just in time.

Devil to Devil Wears Prada

What seems like an effective costume idea in theory, due to the potential allusions exacerbated with a lace bodycon (no doubt the reason why so many girls opt for it), is actually pretty trite.

Instead, lose the horns (unless you’re feeling adventurous in accusing Anna Wintour of being the Devil reincarnate), shrug on a fur coat and don your largest sunglasses.

Don’t forget The Bible aka the newest issue of Vogue.

Perhaps best to think twice if you’re considering a career in the fashion industry though.

Cat to Black Swan

Another ever-popular one, the cat costume is similarly as #basic as putting on an LBD and some cat ears.

Why not turn that same LBD into the costume Nina wears in that final dance with just a change in makeup?

Kindly modeled by Macushla Lovell- Meade

And if the eye makeup goes a little astray, the ensemble can be neatly converted into a Zorro-inspired getup.

Sports in short shorts to Instagram #fitspo

Instead of dressing as yet another slutty tennis player, with this you can literally go straight from the gym to the club, stopping only to make yourself a kale smoothie.

Kill two birds with one stone and pretend you actually went to the gym while prepping your costume

Don’t forget to add a filter

The ironic ‘no costume’ to the Ice Bucket Challenge

If you’re of the boring and lazy sort, this one requires the same amount of effort in exchange for a chance to actually come off as funny. Probably not though. Still worth a try.

Simply take your bin and put your head under the tap.

Bucket, model’s own

Happy Halloween!