Trinity votes to reaffiliate with OUSU

Trinity opts back into OUSU for first time in years

Trinity college students have voted to come back to OUSU. In a historic vote, the college is returning for the first time since disaffiliating in 2007.

Turn out for the vote is understood to have been 24% of students.

Trinity students have been one of the few colleges to shun OUSU with complete disaffiliation

Trinity’s OUSU rep Katherine Connolly told the Tab, “I feel that Trinity JCR’s decision to re-affiliate to OUSU reflects our recognition of the work OUSU has done tackling the serious issues that we disaffiliated over. The vote doesn’t necessarily mean that Trinitarians feel OUSU is a perfect institution, but instead, it shows that we feel re-affiliation will let us work better together with OUSU to ensure that Trinity students can make the most of their time at Oxford”.

She added, “As OUSU rep, I look forward to having a more active part in Council, and seeing Trinity students have more of a say in the running of our student union”.

OUSU pres Tom Rutland was chuffed with the result too:

Not everyone was as excited, however, with one Trinity fresher telling the Tab, “Oh, I didn’t realise there was a vote. I don’t really care either way”.