The Tab tries: Streaking round the Rad Cam

Forget lawns, it’s time for some cobbles.

The Rad Cam is a great library because it’s so damn circular, and you would have thought that all that roundness would make it a very satisfying streaking route. Turns out this isn’t so.

Just surveying the area, y’know

Procuring a traffic cone pre-streak is highly advisable. It not only acts a warning tool that something indecent is about to go down, but also serves as a great makeshift step to be able to get over the railings without getting impaled. We de-robed. We went for a quick jog. We posed.  Only a few cyclists had gone by; it was in the bag.

Except that I’d forgot to press ‘save’.

The railings really do make perfect hangers

And right at that point, whilst fumbling to put some clothes on and trying to find the photo, some super edgy hipster dudes thought they were entitled to turn up and take a pew on the steps of the gate to the Bodleian. Which they probably were. Anyway, we swiftly retreated to the coves of the Cam.

‘Ya, so, yah, Jericho, yah’.

If you look closely at the photo, you can probably see the ‘edgy’ rays of light beaming out from them. You will also be able to see that our warmest garments were still hanging on the railings. It was cold, but far worse than being cold is having to listen to what I call ‘edgy chat’, which we had to endure before they stalked off towards Broad Street and we stalked back to the railings and had time to grab some more clothes… until some cheese ‘n’ chip gorgers to turned up five minutes later. God. What a cheek.

Can you seriously please get room? We’ve got more important things to be doing

That man on the left though, he gorged far more than just his chips. After taking a pee over the bike racks in Brasenose Lane, he returned to his beloved and well… let’s just leave it there. Put it this way, we would’ve welcomed back the ‘super-edgy’ gang back any day.

The final shot, a few hours later. The ‘antique’ filter makes the skin look nice and peachy, you know?

By the time they’d decided to get a room, it had got pretty light. And since we’d come through such adversity, there was only one thing for it- it was time to strip off, once and for all.

So yeah, turns out the Rad Cam is quite hard to streak. But you can get quite a good shot in the end, so probably worth it. Maybe.

Stripped off recently yourself? Email us at:  [email protected]