Join The Tab (or die tryin’)!

Join our Trinity term Tab team!

With over 50,000 unique readers a month, The Tab is Oxford’s most popular news source. 

We’re the team that helped LJ Trup to power, taught you how to break into balls and told you when it was raining.  This term daily unique page views have topped a whopping 14,000 – there really is no bigger platform in Oxford.

Features editor Hilary 2012

We consistently reach more people than any other student publication because we are solely based online, meaning you can literally reach thousands of people whilst sat in your underpants.

But don’t just read us, join us!

We’re constantly looking for ways to build The Tab and that’s why we need funny, down to earth and articulate people to join our team for Trinity Term 2014.

We’re not looking for Pulitzer winning journalists (though if you have one let us know), simply people who are creative and fun.

That said, even if you do want to win journalism awards, The Tab is the place to start.  Tab journalists now work across Fleet Street, from the Sunday Times news desk to writing the leader column of the Daily Express.

Catz Ball weather forecast:  Pulitzer nomination 2014

On top of all this, if you join our team you get to come to our infamous end of term drinks, recently dramatised in the film “Wolf of Walton Street” (may not have happened).

Whether you’re a fresher who wants to expose a scandal or a finalist who wants a column, The Tab is the place where you are most likely to be heard.  Applying takes no time at all and you don’t need any experience, just scribble something down and send it off!

Become part of a national team!

To apply please email your application to Oliver Troen and Siobhan Fenton at [email protected] clearly marking in the subject line which position you are applying for.

Please also include

1) What improvements you would make to your section

and

2) What makes you the best candidate for the position.

We’re recruiting for all positions:

• Editor
  • Deputy Editor
  • News Editor
  • Features Editor
  • Sports Editor
  • Opinion Editor
  • Culture Editor
  • Fashion Editor
  • Tab TV Editor
  • Columnists
  • Photographers

For more info, drop us an email.

You can also check out our Facebook event for more information about applications.