Preview: Benefactor Fashion Show

We get a sneak preview of the Benefactor fashion show

Give us the vital stats for the fashion show.

Tuesday 6th week will see one the Oxford’s biggest fashion events hit Oxford Town Hall. Stylists are Majenta Beauty, with Toni and Guy for hair. But it’s not just about the fashion, music acts include Deep Cover DJing as well as performances from the Oxford Belles and Out of the Blue, before everyone heads to Camera for the after party.

What kind of fashion can we expect to see?

The theme is ‘the best of Oxford fashion’ so expect to see a bit of everything! Some of our stand out brands include the Ballroom Emporium who I think are particularly fantastic for men’s wear and have a really vast range of outfits (eg military/wartime costumes, badass aviator jackets, stunning suits and tails with top hats, 70s hoola shirts, velvet smoking jackets).

Then there’s our women’s vintage brands who have gorgeous swing dresses from the 50s, 20s flapper style dresses, and everything in between. We also have more fun modern brands like de Mouilpied who have a really bright and eclectic, festival-style look.

Tell me about “The Benefactor”

The Benefactor is a collaboration of RAG and the Fashion Society. We thought combining fashion with charitable giving was a perfect mix and that if we threw a fantastic show we could contribute to a great cause as well as having a lot of fun and doing something that hadn’t been done before quite on this scale.

Now everyone… blue steel

Have you found the next Kate Moss? What are the models like?

The models are all fab! What we love is how they all have a lot of personality and are very bubbly and fun. They’re all very different to each other which we think provides a great balance for the show. Whether we’ve found the next Kate Moss or not we’ll find out at the show!

What was it like looking for the models?

It was difficult as I think a lot of people have preconceptions about having to have a specific look, be uber crazy or excessively skinny etc which probably put a lot of good people off auditioning, but it was genuinely a lot of fun just getting to know them. Of course they are all very good looking but they’re all very different and in the end it was all about personality and what we thought they could each bring to the show.

The Benefactor team strike a pose

While the models might not eat, is there food and drink?

Yes, we have some really great food and drink at the event. Varsity events are setting up a bar for us with all you could want drinks-wise and Cupcake Boutique Oxford are providing us with cupcakes too (they are absolutely divine!).