Waho-mophobic? Club ‘kicked out students over gay kiss’

Oxford club in homophobia row after allegedly kicking out two male students for kissing

Wahoo Club has today come under fire after two students have alleged that they were ejected from the club after sharing a gay kiss.

Joseph Reason and another second year undergrad at Wadham allege that they were removed from the Glee Club in Wahoo after kissing whilst queuing at the bar for drinks.

The pair say that after kissing, they were asked to leave the club by security.

The Oxford club has sparked allegations of homophobia

Wahoo’s manager says that he spoke to the pair and assured them that the decision was not taken as a result of their sexual orientation but because the pair were drunk.

He said,“I explained to [Joe] no one would have been asked to leave the venue because of their sexual orientation. Persons are only asked to leave under guidelines set by the Licensing Act and for matters relating to our Duty of Care to them. After enquiring why this gentleman had been asked to leave and being told that it was due to his inebriation by my colleague I passed this information onto him”.

Joe Miles, a second year PPEist from Wadham told the Tab, “I can’t imagine either of them being drunken troublemakers in the slightest. Both of them are thoroughly decent people and the only explanation I can actually think of is homophobia on the part of the bouncer”.