SEX SURVEY: The results

The average student has slept with nine people, our survey reveals

The average Oxford student has shagged 8.7 people, our extensive sex survey reveals.

Upset about not doing anything tonight?  Hot date bailed on you?  Feeling slightly below average?  Don’t worry, our survey reveals you actually are.

We sit just below the national average of nine lifetime sexual partners, and we rank 11th in a table of 28 universities.  The saving grace is perhaps that Brookes tops the league, giving hope to everyone off to Camera tonight.

Universities with 100 or more respondents

A total of 12,708 students across 36 unis filled in our national questionnaire – and by golly the answers will get you hot under the collar.

Oxford Brookes students are the most prolific in the country with Plymouth close behind, averaging 14 and 11.5 respectively.

Completing the ménage à trois at the top of the table are Liverpool – the city’s students putting Suarez and Sturridge to shame with their finishing.

The guys shag more than the girls – the average male student has slept with 10 people to the average female’s 7.7. 

A quarter of girls lie about the number of people they’ve slept with – 20% say they’ve slept with fewer than they have, whereas 5% bump their number up.

Of the 22% of boys who lie, 12% increase their number, compared to 10% who drop it. Yet again machismo bullshit winning through…

As with all Tab surveys, we urge you to take these results with a pinch of salt. Look out for parts two and three in the coming days, when we explore STIs and sexuality.

And when you’re stumbling home tonight cheer yourself up with the though that you could be at Cambridge, where your chances are even lower than here.